Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
38596469

I was pulled over May 26th, 2015 DUI. My arraignment

Customer Question

I was pulled over May 26th, 2015 for a DUI. My arraignment is June 29th. I have tickets to go to Canada for a week in July but I heard I can be denied access to the country. What can I do?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
Good day. You are correct that a charge such as this would normally make you inadmissible to Canada. However, if you have a valid reason for coming to Canada, you may apply for a Temporary Residents Permit which would allow you pre-approved entry for a specified time period.
An explanation of this process through the Government of Canada, along with the Application itself, can be found here.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/permits.asp
There is a $200 fee for the Permit.
Please let me know if you have any further questions at all.
Also, please take a moment to leave me a positive rating.
Jim
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I see that you were back in and viewed my response, however I do not see a reply from you. Please let me know if you are satisfied with the information that I have provided or if you require anything further at all.
Also, please remember to leave me a positive rating as this helps me to build my reputation here on the site.
Jim
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
Just wondering how you made out with your trip to Canada in July. Please let me know as I am interested to learn if you had any issues at all.