Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I want to hire somebody to start Insurance Brokerage

Customer Question

Hello, I want to hire somebody to start Insurance Brokerage business and want a lawyer to set the contract, I've only 2 to 3 points I'll address in the contract and the rest is like a standard one, please advise me which lawyer in Calgary in can do this with reasonable cost.
Thanks
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
We cannot make specific referrals but if you want me to suggest ways on finding a lawyer in Calgary I can do that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
The lawyer offer to give me the ways to look for lawyers in Calgary, I sure know how, but I asked him/her to suggest reasonable cost lawyers.
Expert:  Tom B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello
It is true that we cannot recommend anyone that works for profit here including lawyers. The selection of a lawyer is a very personal decision not only based upon cost factors but how people get along and what extra value a lawyer may be able to offer.
However, to start you on your personal quest, here is a link to the Alberta Lawyer Referral service. It is free and all lawyers who are listed there have agreed to consult initially for free as well. It is a great opportunity to interview potential lawyers. When you call, ask for corporate lawyers with some insurance experience.
http://www.lawsociety.ab.ca/public/lawyer_referral.aspx
Alas, we cannot suggest anyone by name. Indeed, the least expensive lawyer can end up being the most expensive by the time the bill is rendered. Also, the most expensive lawyer may not be necessary at all if the matter is straight forward as you say. That decision is a personal one you must make. But the Referral Service is run by the Law Society and you can meet with as many names as you can get from them at no charge.
It is truly a personal business decision who should draft this document. You are the best one to make that decision.
Kind regards,
Tom