Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
38596469

If I example I stole 15k $ and put it on my brother safe deposit

Customer Question

If I example I stole 15k $ and put it on my brother safe deposit box they are aloud to search your brother?
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Search the whole family deposit because I commited a crime?
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
If the police have grounds to believe the money is in the safety deposit box, they can obtain a warrant to search it. It does not matter that it is your brothers box and not yours.
Jim
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I see that you were back in and viewed my response, however I do not see a reply from you. Please let me know if you are satisfied with the information I have provided, or if you require further information as I am happy to discuss this further.
Also, please remember to leave me a positive rating as this assists me in building my reputation here on this site and would be greatly appreciated.
Jim