Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Alberta canada, My X common law has lied extensively on two

Customer Question

Alberta canada, My X common law has lied extensively on two affidavits to gain control "exclusive possession " jointly owned home. As money is tight to fight it in court my lawyer Said just sign a private agreement to let her have exclusive of the house
until things are settled. so there are two affidavits of quite length pertaining to the same matter. The first was blocked by saying we will go after pension. Than months later she did the same. So here I am out of the house she has lied She has house and
all contents She has sold my computer sets stuff out in ally for free pick up , broke garage door in of which I can use in agreement took anything of value out. Police are absolutely useless! Side with her on more lies Even breaking into garage. Question the
affidavits haven't been used in court But she used them to bully to get the house so far I can only imagine when we actually settle what will happen if I don't do some proactive things here. My lawyer says well if you got lots of money we could go to court
on the exclusive and show a lie. Long and short I don't have lots of money right Now with all of this to hire another criminal lawyer. I know if I take it to police it will be just dismissed What steps in alberta can I do? I can provide documentation to prove
that she Has lied. Lots of the things said I probably can't But certainly some I can . Her motive is obviously financial gain. Thanks I need some solid advice of the steps to proceed
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it just as illegal to sign the affiliate and send to my lawyer to gain control as if it was used in court ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The affiliate was filed with alberta court to be used in court for exclusive posetion
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P's. If it's fruitless I don't want to waist
Many hours of my time pursusing something
Only to wind up with a big money expense
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last part of question
If I can prove it what is a realistic outcome?
I have one time fought a guy in court
And it seems the bigger the lies he told
He got off. And waisted weeks of my time
And money.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also would I do something now
Or wait and have it all documented and
When I'm in court for final split of assets
Do it than?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Are you wanting the house sold?Did you agree not to sell it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
We have two houses Both names
Big nice nice one and kind of a cabin house.
Renters fixed lease main floor in cabin 3 year term
I would not like to sell them for a while
I am doing bsmt. Suite in rental for myself we can't sell anyways with the lease I believe which is really what I want
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The affidavit looks like she was living with nazi ss or an alien.
It's like 10 pages of mostly lies
I hear for some reason by reading on lien no one in family law gets prosecuted
For purgury. That's pretty sad when one is honest and other isn't .
Big lie is she never new the house was rented out , doesn't know the names of the renters yet she was very happy when I handed her the first rent check.
I am getting the canceled check from renters 100% she endorsed it.In my mind doesn't get any easier to prove purgury. On that alone.
But does a judge even care?
From what I read online they don't prosecute hardly ever
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was thinking on my affidavit when the time comes
Put that one one with canceled check
And one other big one with documented solid proof .
And just say if you have time to read a fairy tale you can take an hour to read hers and call it a day :)
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
They will not likely charge her with perjury. But any agreement based on a material misrepresentation can be set aside and if you end up in Court these Affidavits will help you as it will show the court she completely lacks in credibility and doesn't care about lying under oath. You can bring an application for a court order for the sale of the house and her right to exclusive possession will no longer matter. It doesn't make sense that she continues to live in a house owned partly by you for free.