How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 97375
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Life insurance policy was ireversable in the divorce decree.

Customer Question

life insurance policy was ireversable in the divorce decree. Was to be maintained if lasped a new one to replace. Apparently his estate all goes to his current wife. If there is no insurance policy can I sue his wife since she inheirets everything even if he didn't have insurance. Do I get from her the amount the policy was at that time???
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
You would not sue her. You would sue the estate. Yes you would get the amount you are entitled to under the divorce decree so you would get the amount that the life insurance was supposed to be.

Related Canada Law Questions