Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Second attempt-computer giving me problems. I have been off

Customer Question

Second attempt-computer giving me problems. I have been off work for one yr. & employer seems not wish to have me return to work. Worked at the Dryden Mill since 1987 as an electrican. I need to know if there is any pressure I can assert on them?
John Meyer 50 yrs old I am John's mother as he has just given up
Seida Meyer (###) ###-####
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
Was your son on medical leave?Is your son in a union?Is your son now able to work but they are saying they cannot accommodate him?Was he on disability benefits?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 yr on medial leave
yes
I don't believe he was disability benefits
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
You missed some of the questions. Is he in a union?Are they saying they cannot accommodate him?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I plan to call the Benefit department tomorrow morning. Yes he is union. He is not one to discuss things with anyone and we do not wish he does not miss anything that is available to him. I will ask if they can not accommodate him. The company had said they will look for work for him within the mill but doesn't seem to have happen. His employment was electrical, & instrumentation journeyman .......which can be a dangerous job...one needs to be 100%. alert. He has worked at this job for about 27 years. Hopefully I will have some answers tomorrow. Seida Meyer thank you.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
OKI will wait to hear from you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello:We spoke to our son and a woman in the Benefits at his employer. I believe there is benefits for him but requires to complete a lengthy form. He says he has dropped the form off at the doctor's office. When I spoke with the lady at Benefits she mentioned it needs to be quickly. Hope to get back shortly. Seida Meyer
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
OK