Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I'm looking direction on what to do about a condo management situation. I o

Customer Question

I'm looking for some direction on what to do about a condo management situation.
I own a townhome, last year our condo management company hired a company to excavate the old sewer pipes and replace with new pvc pipes. Notification only went out to a few homes. Quite a bit of property damage was done in the process. The condo board isn't paying the bill for the work done as the the cost to repair the damages exceeds the cost to of the work done. We were all given a cash call of $2,140 to help pay for the damages. Our reserve fund is empty. The damages are still there and so far only a few things have been fixed.
What I need help with is I was promised the structural damages as well as other minor damages done to my place would be fixed. Late last fall after another follow up with the management company I was told I have to look after my own repairs. When I said it wasn't acceptable, and I would consult with a lawyer to find out what my rights are he sent their lawyer after me with a c
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
Please complete your post and then I will answer.