Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
38596469

My 13 year old daughter is being denied the experience of going

Customer Question

My 13 year old daughter is being denied the experience of going to camp over night for 2 days with her school as a grade 8 celebration.
The forms only ask for one parent signature.
My husband is threatening to stop her from going.
Does he have the right to do this?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
Is this camping trip taking place during his access period. Is this why he is being difficult about it.
If not, how would he propose that he can stop it.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Jim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are still married and living together even though we have separate lives and he lives in the basement. We share time with our daughter. He has tried to stop us from going on holidays in the past but has not been successful. He has threatened to call her school and send the police to stop her from going to camp. The principal is aware of my situation and that he may call to complain. I have also spoke to the school councilor and she advised me to stick up for my daughter.
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the update.
There is nothing that the police will do if he were to call them. If you choose to send your child to camp, this is your prerogative. In fact, it is in her best interest to have experiences like camp, which aid in socialization and other skills.
You are absolutely within your rights to hold firm in your position and stand up for the rights of your daughter and not allow yourself or her to be bullied by your husband. I expect that you will find that you have a lot of support around you.
Regards
Jim
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
I see that you were back in and viewed my response however I see no reply from you. Please let me know if you are satisfied with the information I have provided or if you require anything further at all.
Also, please remember to take a moment and provide me with a positive rating if you would be so kind.
Warm Regards
Jim