Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My sister whom is 17 threw a party at a vacation

Customer Question

My sister whom is 17 threw a party at a vacation house for her after-grad party. I allowed her to use my credit card to book the house for one night. They received one complaint from a neighbor and were threatened by the neighbor saying that he would kill them. Everyone soon left after that, it was about 4 am. They got the house from https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/3497630; there were no house rules stated or an agreement, nothing in the house was broken or damaged, but they are wanting $2000 from us. What our rights and what can they do? Can this be settled in court? How can this be resolved? It doesn't make sense to me that they are charging us this much for no damage. The house was $95 a night plus a $85 cleaning fee, security deposit was $200.
Thank you,
Jade
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
What are they saying this charge is for? Have they put the charge threw on your credit card?