Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
38596469

I need sujestion

Customer Question

I need sujestion for asylum
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
Please provide more detail so that we can answer your question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Asylum in Canada . I have conditional resident card in USA . But I already divorce with U.S. citizen . Now I m in Nepal . I am planning to go Canada and file asylum
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
Again, we would need much more information about your situation to provide you with the appropriate answer.
In order to seek asylum, it is a requirement that you must be "seriously and personally affected by civil war or armed conflict, or have suffered massive violations of human rights."
Is Nepal your home country? If not, what is?
Please give us all relevant details so that we may assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not safe in Nepal now because of big earthquake hit in 3 weeks ago
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it is a horrible thing that has happened there, however seeking asylum in Canada is only permitted if you are affected by war or human rights violations.
Natural disasters do not qualify you for asylum in Canada.
Jim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nepal is my home country. I have been USA for 15 years . I just have divorce with USA citizen . My conditional green card still pending. When I come here last 3 month ago . I married here with neplease women. When I stay here I have to hide here . Because of my family political background . They ask me money and betean me . I am hiding here . I have option to go USA but I need to take care for my wife . I am also frusted from USA some of my friend sujestion me to go Canada and file asylum.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
R u there
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
If you were outside of Nepal and could not return there, you could make application for convention refugee status based on political persecution.
You can find more information on that here, along with information on Asylum.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/outside/index.asp
Ultimately, there's really no easy and quick way for you to get into Canada if you are presently in Nepal. Further, you would have to make application for your wife as well. Can you not return to the US and then make application to have your wife come to the US as well?
Jim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question is I can come to Canada . I have conditional resident there in USA . That means I have free to come Canada . If my asylum approved how long it takes to bring my wife. Other question if I have conditional green card in USA . Is there any problem to file asylum in Canada
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
Having a conditional residency in the US does not mean that you are free to immigrate to Canada. If you were granted asylum, you would have to follow the regular process in making application for your wife to come to Canada and this could take well over a year or more.
Further, since you have a conditional green card, it is unlikely that any asylum application in Canada would be granted since you already have conditional residency in another country other than your own.
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
I see that you were back in and viewed my response however I see no reply from you. Please let me know if you are satisfied with the information that I have provided or if you require anything further.
Also, please remember to take a moment to leave me a positive rating if you would be so kind.
Jim