Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Wrongful termination question. Suit filed w/EEOC on 8/2014

Customer Question

Wrongful termination question. Suit filed w/EEOC on 8/2014 for age discrimination and harassment, which they said I had a case, coincidently my employer has let me go last week; after mediation was brought by EEOC.
1. replaced me with younger female in her 20's immediately, very next business day
2. harassment charge and age discrimination on file w/EEOC
3. MD supervisor-professional misconduct, violation of NC medical board code of professionalism in the workplace=medical board passed a position statement about in 2010
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear this. But what is your question?And have you updated your complaint?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have a wrongful termination suit? EEOC said I can amend my original complaint. That was it. I can not get the mediator on the line nor an Investigator for EEOC.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Yes you do but you cannot have the complaint going forward and as well sue.So you can amend your complaint now. Your case is even stronger now and on top of that your damages are higher as well and easier to prove so it is a good idea to do this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you answer my questions?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I said you do have a wrongful dismissal case but that it would make more sense to amend your complaint as you cannot both sue and complain.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK! Thank you so much! Will send the amendment in today! :) Thank you! Sorry to bother you. Appreciate your help very much! :)
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome.I hope it works out.