Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Our neighbor purchased a home; through the years of expanding

Customer Question

Our neighbor purchased a home; through the years of expanding it they have KNOWINGLY
paved over our survey pin and also built a shelter which is now partially on our property; this puts both properties at risk when it comes to a sale. We recently had that line resurveyed. what can I do if anything. I would like to place a lien on their property until the problem is rectified.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
You cannot place a lien on their property unless you sue and get a judgment.You can retain a lawyer to send them a letter demanding they rectify the situation at once and threatening a lawsuit for damages if you incur any and for an order compelling them to remove the shelter and for your legal costs.If necessary you can sue but the letter may very well be all it takes.