Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

It's complicated:I was denied long term disability. Union

Customer Question

it's complicated:
I was denied long term disability. Union told me to get a lawyer and go to court. I got a lawyer and stupidly settled. I realized my mistake and contacted another lawyer to see if my LTD case could be reopened. He said no, but he would be willing to sue the first lawyer for malpractice or something like that because she didn't fight for what would be in my best interest (it should have gone to court). This second lawyer and I had a disagreement and he 'fired me'. I have been trying to find another lawyer to take over and found out that he filed the case 4 days past the 2 year mark, so there is no way to win. So I cannot find another lawyer to take over, and he wants to charge me for his 'services' which I can't afford. He was going to take 25% of our 'winnings'. What should I do now?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  James-cssm replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tia,
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. http://www.justanswer.com/canada-law/93gv0-it-s-complicated-i-denied-long-term-disability-union.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
What province are you in please?