Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am a care giver alzheimers mother. I have apartment

Customer Question

I am a care giver for my alzheimers mother. I have apartment in basement She does not allow me any autonomy in my suite
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She claims it is her house which is true but because I care for her I feel that I should be allowed this space for me alone and not be threatened daily
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
What is is that you want to do that she won't allow?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to have a space where I can chill after dealing with her problems all day. She threatens that she can throw me out. I have lived here for 13 year and have done everything I can to make her life easier. Can she throw me out legally? I just want my refuge from dealing with her alzheimers.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, she can throw you out as she is the owner of the house so you don't have a legal right to live there unless she says you can.
At the same time she cannot make you stay and so you can agree to care for her on the condition that she allows you this space and you can say that she can throw you out but she cannot force you to care for her.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
. that makes it pretty clear
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I hope you can work this out.