Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am a home owner in Ontario, my neibour next door removed

Customer Question

I am a home owner in Ontario, my neibour next door removed landscape blocks that he put on our property between our homes a number of years ago, (we have about 3' separation linked home.) By removing these blocks without contacting us at all he has interfered with the landscape and value, drainage of water because it is now 3" lower between the house's.
what rights do we have in forcing them to put it back etc?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Does he acknowledge that the blocks were on our property?
Or were they put onto the property line?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he put them on both sides of the property knowing that they are also abutted to our home and on my side of the property line.
I wanted to give him a letter stating for them to put it back or I will protect my rights etc
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
If he paid for them and they were on the property line he can remove them.
You can offer to buy them from him and put the just inside your property line but otherwise it is not likely a court would say he has to give them to you or put them back. They are his legally unfortunately.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they were not just over the property line but all the way on my half and up-to our basement wall, and now that the blocks are removed there will be a low area and a water pond forming with no drainage like before to the front driveway
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
So how did it come to him putting those blocks on your property?And did he trespass onto your property to remove them?And why did he remove them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1- I dont know why he put them there, they were there when we bought our home 3 years ago, they were probably to be able to walk better between the homes. Nothing was said when we purchased this home that the blocks were not ours or included in the purchase etc.2- He had to go on our side of the property to remove them.3- they would not give us a reason other then they said " it is our blocks"
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
They are not making sense and had no right to enter onto your property and remove the blocks.
As a first step I suggest you call the police and ask for their help.
If that doesn't work I suggest you have a lawyer send them a letter giving them a deadline for replacing the blocks and threatening a lawsuit.
You can sue in Small Claims Court and self-represent if necessary.