Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

A specialist harrased me,bullied me, and theretened me,he had

Customer Question

A specialist harrased me,bullied me, and theretened me,he had Road Safety B. C
cancell my drivers license, another specialist at that time said,"there was no reason
why I should not be driving,family Dr.agreed as well,stress test was done etc.and
I got my license back after two and a half months,but road safety now says i have
to have a phyisical every year etc.and now I amin there system and its going to cost
money.I want that resinded,also I want to sue the Specialist for how he treated me
and under the F.O.I. I recieved reords from road safety and my hospital, there is nothing in the flies that I can see to have my license removed.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear of this terrible situation.You can sue the specialist but the issue is whether you will win or not.You would have to prove that the specialist was negligent or that his standards of practice fell below acceptable standards and that you suffered damages and that may be hard to prove because you would need expert evidence from other doctors about this. It would not be enough that they just disagreed with this doctor. In terms of the Road Safety BC requirement for a yearly physical, I don't know why that would cost money as that would be funded by your health care system. But, you can appeal this decision if you like. Again you would have to show there are grounds for the appeal. But there you may have more luck. What may work best is to consider having a lawyer write the letter for the appeal. You can contact the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $25. The number is(###) ###-####or 1.***-***-****.