Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

H&r block is claiming I have a balance oustanding from 2007.

Customer Question

H&r block is claiming I have a balance oustanding from 2007. Having not received any notice from them closer to the date (ie in 2007/2009/2009). 2014 I was pre approved for a mortgage and now, trying to get my mortgage I find iut there is credit owing from H&R block (who sold off to a collection agency). My only dealing with H&R were taxes. Can they after 8 years do this?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Are you saying that H & R Block sent you to collections but they never contacted you and neither did the collection agency but they put in a credit report which has harmed your credit rating?When exactly was the report put in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had not received anything from h&r block nor the collections agency. I had moved out in 2009 (but parents lived there still) and not received anything with regards ***** ***** owing.
I had not spoken to the collection agency either. The only thing h&r ever did for me was my taxes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The initial report according to equifax was sent to collections in 2013.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I contacted H&R block today to get to the bottom of this and to see what exactly the monies is outstanding for, as this is all a surprise to me . Their "cash back" department had returned my inquiry but I was unable to take that call. I had returned their call and left a message but considering time of day I wont hear from them until tomorrow.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Let me know what they say tomorrow.