Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am sponsoring my wife and my daughter in

Customer Question

I am sponsoring my wife and my daughter for immigration in Canada.Recently my step daughter got accepted by UBC in Vancouver.My question is :If my daughter applies the student permit does it affect my PR application for them.I have been waiting for 8 months and the file has been transfered to Hong Kong VO on March 25 2015.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
This will not affect her PR application.There is no reason why her studying at UBC will harm the application at all.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My wife and my daughter reside in China. VO notices that the child is going for school in Canada.VO might that my wife's intention is to immigrate to Canada.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
VO might thick that my wife's intention is to immigrate to Canada.
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
I don't know what you mean by VO.I am explaining the law in Canada only. And your wife does want to immigrate to Canada as you are sponsoring her for this purpose so I am not following.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hong Kong Visa Office(VO)might thick that the reason my wife married to me is to bring her child for education because the PR school fee is cheaper and my PR application could be reject
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
That is not how this will work. If the mother is moving to Canada eventually of course the daughter would want to go to school in Canada.But either way you are going to have to prove that the marriage is bona fide.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I prove everything.The PR application went to Peijing on Sept 11 2014 and later has been transferred to Hong Kong office on March 25 2015.Now my wife's health exam has expried and i have been waiting for 8 months but no further email has received.If my daughter applies the study permit I have to notice VO in Hong Kong.VO could thick my marriage is real or not because I heard the rejection rate is high in Hong Kong and every movement has to be careful.
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
I have never heard of a spousal sponsorship being refused because the child wants to study in Canada.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am 53 years old and this is my second marriage.It makes me nervous that VO decides that your marriage is real or not.My wife has come to visit me in Vancouver.I even want her to come again while waiting for the PR but does this movement affect the PR application too?I have not seem my wife for a while and i am unable to visit her in China because i am very busy with my work.
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
They may not allow her to visit as they will be concerned she may want to stay with you and not go back to China.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My step daughter is upset because she thick that she has a right to study in Vancouver even we have made a PR application.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I understand that UBC is a good school for my daughter.When she applies the study permit they know that she is in PR processing.Does this affect the study permit?
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
No it will not affect it in any way.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it normal that i have been waiting for 8 months for my PR application?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will sent a letter to VO office and also provide the bank statements of the financial support for my wife.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I mean the more bank statements after the PR application
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
It is normal that it has taken this long.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your advice today.If i have more questions i will contact you again.
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
OKWhen you post again you can use my name. It is Legal Ease.