Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am naturalized canadian citizen so with my ex wife got

Customer Question

hello
i am naturalized canadian citizen so with my ex wife
got our divorced when she is already a canadian citizen
since we are both a canadian citzen but married in the Phils. Since we are both officially divorced and both a Canadian citizen can i re marry again to a filipina woman?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for requesting me.The law in Canada is that if you are divorced you can remarry.I know that the law in the Philippines is different and you need to get your marriage annulled there. For this reason Canada would not recognize your marriage if you married in the Philippines because the marriage must be considered valid in the jurisdiction where the ceremony was performed but Canada will recognize the marriage if you marry in Canada or anywhere else where your marriage would be considered to be valid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
by the way i am still under free trial right? why i am being charged 41 dollars on top of 6 dollars ahead?