Daniel Freudman, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
70961067

I was arrested and charged with 271, 271 and 266, crown is

Customer Question

I was arrested and charged with 271, 271 and 266, crown is looking to dismiss the 271s. I have a newborn with my spouse I haven't been able to take care of, this has caused me alot of stress. Can I sue the opp for this?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 1 year ago.
If the police conducted an extremely negligent investigation, or acted maliciously in some respect, then you can sue them for malicious prosecution and/or negligent investigation. However, such actions are very difficult to succeed in, and you could face serious cost penalties if you are unsuccessful.
Hopefully my answers were of assistance. Would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive payment for my services. Thank you.