Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I life 3.5 kms on Vedder Mtn in British Columbia and have driven

Customer Question

I life 3.5 kms on Vedder Mtn in British Columbia and have driven on a forest service road for 27 yrs, my husband would of drove this same road for 38 years this year. A man bought the property at the bottom of this mtn forest service road and now he says he owns the road but he bought the property that this road is on and has been mapped since 1874. He has now deactivated this road at the bottom so no one can get up or down the mountain now. does he own the road that has had logging trucks and railway cars using this road even in the 1940's?
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've lived in my home for 27years and no one has ever told me I cannot use this forest service road. Is there a grand father clause in British Columbia, Canada?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you able to answer my question for British Columbia, Canada?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear this?Did any of you obtain permission years ago to use the road?Do you know if there is any right of way/easement over the property that would be in your deed?