Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My mom passed and my sister and I are excectuors in the will

Customer Question

my mom passed and my sister and I are excectuors in the will and I have a life time tenace
in the home is my sister responsable for any cost such as taxes or other expensise to the home?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
What does the Will say about this?
Who inherits the house when you die?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
won't it depend on the will I make? is my sister responsibale for cost now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
don't ask another lame question I asked is my sister responsible for cost ??
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
As a senior lawyer I won't answer without all the facts.
My questions are important and you've not answered them.
Do you want to continue with me or should I opt out?
I also need your assurance that the rudeness will stop. I am not willing to spend time with rude customers.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I asked question and didn't get a response. got charged for $47 and then $5.00 just want to know if she is responsible for any cost but ask a question not what happens to the house in the future..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So there fore just a waste of money like most senior lawyers you waste people's time can't answer a simple question like who cares when I die.. that's not the question in hand you always have to route thing around to please simple mind yes.my question was important but not to a senior right spend my money wisely my
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 2 years ago.
It is impossible to answer your question based on the very limited information you gave. None of us here could answer your question with what you provided and it was entirely proper for my colleague to ask you for the follow up info in order to answer your question.
You've indicated only that you are a co-executor with a life tenancy in the property, however you've not indicated what the Will says your rights or obligations are with regard to the property outside of your tenancy rights. No indication as to whether the Estate carries the occupancy costs or what if any financial or ownership interests you have in the home while occupying it or what is to happen upon your death. (as in, whether you have merely a tenancy right and if the property transfers to someone else upon your death.)
Without the information my colleague asked for and participation by you in this discussion, your question cannot be answered. I'm certain that you would not expect to go into a lawyer's office and make your simple statement and not engage in any further discussion to obtain your answer.
Also, bear in mind that we are not employed by Just Answer. We are all practicing lawyers who come in here to assist people like yourself. We receive nothing for coming here to help you, unless and until you accept one of our answers.
Your question cannot be answered without adequate and sufficient information as requested.