Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
38596469

Consumer Proposal was filed in 2014 and that to include all

Customer Question

Consumer Proposal was filed in 2014 and that to include all tax refund during the term of the proposal.
My 2011 tax refund was with held prior to the proposal and got released during the proposal.
Question: am I entitled to my 2011 tax refund as it related to prior proposal ?
Thanks
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
Good evening, I would be happy to assist you with this.
If your 2014 proposal dealt with any refunds given during the term of the proposal and your 2011 refund was actually released during this proposal term, then it should properly become part of the proposal, despite it being held from 2011.
Only if the proposal limits the refund to specific years, such as "any refund received for the 2014 or 2015 tax year" would you then be entitled to the held 2011 refund. But again, if you proposal speaks generally to "refunds received during the term of the proposal" then this would be a refund received during that term and would be caught by the conditions of the proposal.
I hope that this helps clarify things for you. Please let me know if you require any clarification or have additional questions.
Also, it is greatly appreciated if you would take a moment to leave me a positive rating as this assists me in building my reputation on this site.
Warm Regards
Jim
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I see that you were back in and viewed my response however I do not see a reply from you. Please let me know if you are satisfied with the information I have provided or if you require anything further.
Also, please take a moment to leave me a positive rating as this helps to build my reputation here on the site.
Jim