Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I have been on here before about my husband freightliner

Customer Question

I have been on here before about my husband freightliner truck he has received a notice for small claims court but it wasn,t give to him the right way the gentleman that has got the claim against him phoned him to give him the bills for the repairs for
the truck but he gave him a paper for small claims court . he never gave scott my husband the cost of repairs and we can close our business until we get the price of repairs for the truck.We are corperate and and corperation is in my husbands name. Truck is
in my husbands name and the corperations please let me know if I can get a lawyer to help us and explain things to us
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Are you saying your husband was served with a Small Claims Court claim? Or was it a Judgment? Or are you just not too sure?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the paper here that he received it said that the top Superior Court of justice
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Then what does it say right under that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its got a red sealit has a red sealit has a red seal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has the plaintiff then down furture my husbanb name the the corperations no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you their
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
some for the things on this paper is not true . My husband is driving all the time because being a drive for the company he only gets 40 cents a mile. I have to tell him whats going onevery night.if I can get an appointment for a lawyer it has to be on a Monday
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can he go to jail for this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replied to you question are you going to reply
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
When did he get this and does it say he has 20 days to reply?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he pick this paper up on April28 2015 . He was told to pick up bills for the the repairs for the truck but it turn out to be this paper for small claims court. He was tricked he was thinking it was the bill for repairs. I don,t see where its said 20 days
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I think this is a claim but I am not sure because I cannot read it. If it is a claim then somewhere on there it provides a deadline for your husband to put in a statement of defence. He must do this. If he does not then the Court will give the person suing what he is asking for.I know this is hard for you to understand and it is for most people so don't feel badly about that. You have a few options in terms of getting a bit of help. First you can try and make an appointment at your local legal aid clinic and get a bit of help in terms of someone telling you what this is about and what you have to do. Or, you can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.The number is:1-***-***-**** or ***-***-**** (within the GTA) I am not saying to hire the lawyer to help with the lawsuit but to see the lawyer for the free half an hour and find out what is going on. Then once you understand more you can always post on this site again and I can assist you further.