Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My daughter has asked her boyfriend to visit in our home for

Customer Question

My daughter has asked her boyfriend to visit in our home for a short time until he finds a new place to live. In the meantime, his ex has decided to deny him access to visit his daughter at her home or take her out for dinner in her neighbourhood until he provides his new address information.
My husband and I agreed to let him stay for a short time in our home while he finds a new place to live but we do not want him to provide our address to is ex as we do not want their domestic issues to affect our home.
Can we provide our address to a 3rd party who can protect the information from his ex but provide the information to officials in case of emergency, so that he can see his daughter?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I posted an answer but it seems to have disappeared. If you get my answer twice I am sorry. The answer it that you can agree that a third party will know the address, such as a lawyer.But it is not likely the mother will agree. Most parents would never agree to have their children visit a home when they don't know where the children are. It is not at all likely that the Court would agree that the custodial parent has to grant access when she/he doesn't know where the kids are, whose house it is, who is there etc. So while it may be possible the parents can agree to this if the mother will not agree I am not at all optimistic that this can work this way.At the same time, I don't blame you at all for your concerns.