Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I got a letter of termination and they claim negligence second

Customer Question

I got a letter of termination and they claim negligence
second part of the letter it states they aren't funding the bison herd any longer
then they hired some else for the job
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
How long did you work there for?Are they given you any notice or pay in lieu of notice and if so for how many weeks?Did you ever get any written warnings before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I worked for them since 2004

they gave me 3 weeks notice

no warnings

I can give you all this information if you give me a fax number

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Your legal right is to receive reasonable notice or pay in lieu of notice. Generally, in determining what is reasonable notice Courts look at several factors including the length of time you worked for the employer, your age, your position, the likelihood of finding new employment etc. At the high end, if you were in a managerial position, the Court would likely order one month's notice or pay in lieu of notice for each year of employment.If you were not in a managerial position the Court would order somewhat less. For this reason you should consult with a employment lawyer face to face.