Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I was recently feature in a newspaper article , about escorts

Customer Question

I was recently feature in a newspaper article , about escorts where they inferred that I was transiant , and that I have a revolving door on my room also they tried to infer that escorting is illegal, none of these things are true . And as a result of this article I can not longer find a hotel that will let me stay in port Elgin and I usually go there once a week for two days each time, . This is. Costing me a lot of
Money. And they won't even call me back I have left several messages.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear this.This is a case of defamation as there are lies that are being told about you and these lies are harming your reputation.For this reason I suggest that you consult with a lawyer face to face. You are being ignored so you cannot manage this on your own unfortunately.The lawyer can send the paper a letter demanding a full published retraction and apology and essentially threatening a lawsuit.That should work but if not then your next step would be to sue.