Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I need help I have a friend in Ghana that didn't have documentation

Customer Question

I need help I have a friend in Ghana that didn't have documentation for her 6 bars of gold,she was arrested and charge 5000$ she is out jail now and customs want 10000$ for the release of the gold to her or she will go to jail is this true
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was also sent email supposedly from the inspector of police and he has called me and text me a couple of times and he sent me a document if the charges and fine and his name is ***** ***** and her name is ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She says she don't want the gold she just don't want to go to jail,the gave her 2 weeks to pay,and she sent me her visa and passport, and she also sent me the travel insurance document and plane ticket
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I am glad you posted your question on this site. The reason I am is that I am very familiar with this issue as I answer questions like this many times a month, sometime more than once a week.This is a very well known scam. Without being told I know you met this friend online and have never met this person in person. You are must more fortunate than most victims of this type of scam because you decided to ask about it before it is too late. Your friend does not really exist. It is a group of people trying to scam money out of innocent, caring people. If you pay any money it is gone and you won't find these scammers or the money. I hope that helps.