Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

We are going to negatively effected by changes that MTO

Customer Question

Hello we are going to negatively effected by changes that MTO is proposing how do we stop this
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
Good evening, I would be happy to assist you with this question. Can you clarify what "changes" you are referring to? I look forward to hearing from you. Jim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jim
We received a package from the ministry of transportation regarding changes to interchanges and bridges. The proposed changes negatively effect our property. We will have a road right behind us and in front of us. It will look like our home is on a strip of grass. We will look like we are the median. However, this is our home. There are other pieces of land around us that are effected however, nobody lives on that land. How can we stop this from happening. Hopefully you can provide me with some assistance. Thank you for your time
Lynn
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lynn, thanks for the clarification on your initial question. Unfortunately, now that you have explained the issue, this is simply not within my range of experience as it will deal with a variety of areas of law and levels of government as there will also no doubt be aspects of municipal law involved. I am going to opt out in hopes that one of my colleagues on here may have experience with this type of issue. Regards ***** ***** of luck, Jim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Expert was not able to answer question as he said it was out of his area of expertise
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
The expert was not able to answer as it was not his area of expertise
Expert:  Law Maven replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Like Copperlaw this is outside my experience, so I will be opting out as well... However I did want to suggest that you try talking to your local MPP. Something involving the Ministry of Transportation like that is likely to be as much -- or more-- a political problem than a legal problem. Legally, I suppose you could try suing for loss of value to your property, but my guess is that it's unlikely to be successful. Talk to a local lawyer, and if they're willing to take the case on contingency you've nothing to lose, and it means they think they've found a way to win. Sorry I can't be more help! Anne