Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My father is living in Canada as a Temporary Residence. He

Customer Question

My father is living in Canada as a Temporary Residence. He is also waiting for the Sponsorship (we sent our application in May 2011). Last September I applied for his visa extension. Two months later we received a letter saying that an form was missing
on the visa extension and they were asking us to re-send that with the correct form. I re-sent (by mail) the application on October 31st 2014, month before the visa expires. The problem is that up to now we got NO answer from CIC. I have tried to call them
many times but the line is always busy. MY QUESTIONS is: what is the best thing to do now? should I send a letter to them requesting information? If so, there is any formal legal standard to send this letter?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
You can send a letter explaining what you just said to me. Then say you've called many times, cannot get through and so are writing. Make it clear you sent the form in when requested and are worried as you've not heard back. There is no formal requirement in terms of what to say in the letter.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Don't hesitate to let me know if you have follow-up questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you see this kind of problem before? In case they have really lost our application, there is any way to fix that? I am afraid my father has to go back to Brazil to request another visa.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I think they do misplace documents but that doesn't mean he will have to go back to Brazil. I think you should just send the letter at once and wait and see what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you again!
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome!