Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My name is*****'m a long haul truck driver,

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** a long haul truck driver, on March 9/10/and 11 I did a run for Pritam Transport ltd, they are not paying me keep coming up with ex as dad passed away. The contact person who hired me Harpeid, can you help me?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure of the facts. I think there may be several typos.
Please tray again and set out the basic facts, including the province.
And are you an independent contractor or an employee?
What has this to do with your ex and your dad passing away?
How much are you owed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will write this again. My name is***** I worked for 3 days for Pritram Trucking ( owners name is*****) I worked for him on March 9, 10, 11 of 2015. Took a load of grain for him to Burbank Washington, and then picked up apples in Yakima Washington and returned to Calgary. Because of reasons I will not get into at this time, I quit the job upon arriving back to Calgary. I have tried to get my payment from him for my services, but so far he has refused to pay. The last excuse was that his Dad passed away in India and he was to go there. That was about 4 weeks ago. He still has not paid me. What is the next thing that I can do. I am talking in the amount of around $680.00 that he should pay me for this trip. Please advise. Thankyou. Brian Wing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will write this again. My name is***** worked for 3 days for Pritram Trucking ( owners name is*****) I worked for him on March 9, 10, 11 of 2015. Took a load of grain for him to Burbank Washington, and then picked up apples in Yakima Washington and returned to Calgary. Because of reasons I will not get into at this time, I quit the job upon arriving back to Calgary. I have tried to get my payment from him for my services, but so far he has refused to pay. The last excuse was that his Dad passed away in India and he was to go there. That was about 4 weeks ago. He still has not paid me. What is the next thing that I can do. I am talking in the amount of around $680.00 that he should pay me for this trip. Please advise. Thankyou. Brian Wing
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
I understand.I just have one more question. Were you an employee or an independent contractor?