Law.Hut, Lawyer
Experience:  with over 15 years experience.

I have retained my analogue meter (BC Hydro) and have notified

I have retained my analogue meter (BC Hydro) and have notified BC Hydro by registered mail at least 3 times that I refuse to accept a smart meter. If I continue to pay for my electrical consumption but refuse to pay their extortion fees for keeping my analogue meter, do they have a right to disconnect my power legally?

Yes, they would be able to legally terminate power service. If you do not want to accept those terms , then they do not have to provide the service. This would legally be no different the if you refuse to pay the bill altogether and they are not required to continue service to you if you refuse to pay the fee for retaining the old meter.

Sorry if this is not the information you were holding for , but I hope this is helpful. If you have no further questions, please rate the answer positively, as otherwise the site does not credit me, even if you have paid a deposit. You can still ask follow up questions after rating though, if you wish.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nope, sure wasn't the answer I was hoping for but thanks for your advice. Oddly enough, many sites, such as Citizens for Safe Technology, are offering the opposite information, so it can get really confusing out there. Thanks again.

You are welcome.

I think this is an issue that gets political so there is much biased information out there.