Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I have an estranged father. We left him when I was four. I

I have an estranged father. We left him when I was four. I spoke to him on 3 occasions in his life. On the third he told me he had a pention he wanted me to have when he left this world. Some property my grandmother gave him, intended for me. We did keep in contact as he was a conviceted child molester and died in a prison hospital. On his death his family Leroy, Jim, Sally, Suzy, all claimed to have no idea of my where abouts. To the best of my knowledge I am the only blood related soul hier to , Colin Robinson. (Ontario.) They wont tell me where hes burried not will they mention if i was in is will as he had promised. I have spoken with Leroy and Sally, both said they had no idea where i was, but as such practiced and as a uniform statement , it sounded as though they didnt want to know, and it was as though there was a purpose to them to me not knowing. My cousin XXXXX XXXXX , visists me via email, and when hes in town, as he is in transport. He relayed any pertinent invormation to my where abouts. how do i find out if i have an inheritance?
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with the best possible answer.

To achieve that goal it may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.

But, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

If your father had any assets in his name alone then there would be a probate file.

So you can check at the local courthouse in the jurisdiction where your father lived and so a search for the file.

The file will be a matter of public record and so if there is a Will you can get a copy.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.