Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Hi My husband has a dog on my parents property that my parents

Hi
My husband has a dog on my parents property that my parents no longer want on their property as the dog has done $4000-$5000 worth of damage a previous residence and has done major damage in my father's shed.
My husband is refusing to hear my parents wishes and has now threatened us that if he doesn't put his dog in the basement he will charge us with animal cruelty. The dog is not my parents nor is he mine. We recently moved this year in July and my husband was notified in March 2013 that the dog is prohibited of coming into the home and into the garage. The dog is not trained and does not like children. My husband and I have an 11 month old daughter. I refuse to let the dog in for that fact and because of the previous damage done. What can I do to get rid of the dog? Can I leave him at the nearest Humane society even though he isn't mine? I must add that my husband has a temper and will use force if he feels the need to
Your husband is talking nonsense.

How can he have you or your parents charged if your parents don't want his dog on their property on in their house.

Your parents can tell him that if the dog is found on their property again they will call animal protection and have the dog picked up and removed.

Do you think that would work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My husband and I live with my parents in their home. The dog has a dog kennel but with the cold weather approaching he is demanding the dog stay in the basement but my parents do not want that as the basement is fully finished with their expensive furniture and because it is not setup in a way to have a dog as my husbands dog to be down there.

Your parents own their home.

It's their call.

They've been very clear.

It's unfortunate that there may not be anyplace for the dog to live but that's not your parents fault nor their responsibility.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can I call the humane society to pick up the dog or drop off the dog at the humane society even though he is not my dog?

I am worried about you doing that.

It could be considered to be theft.

I think all your parents can do is demand the dog be kept out of the house or even off the property but you cannot take the dog and turn it over to the Humane Society.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for all your help once again!

You are awesome :)

You are most welcome!