Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I have a condo I own, we have a dog there are some people who

I have a condo I own, we have a dog there are some people who dilike dogs in the building.
The board has changed the rules where all people with dogs cannot exit through the front door of the building , only by the backdoor and parking ramp. Is the board allowed to do this?
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with the best possible answer.

To achieve that goal it may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.

But, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

The Board can vote on rules that the owners and residents must follow.

They cannot single out some people and treat them differently than others but if all residents are treated the same and if the rule was passed in a valid way by the Board this is likely something the Board has authority to do.

If you think most of the owners don't agree you can review the by-laws and call a members meeting.

Or at the next election you can try and vote in Board members who are animal lovers.

The Board is elected by the owners to run the condo.

So if members don't like what is going on they can elect a Board that reflects their interests.

Do you see what I mean?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Debra,

We have a annual board meeting Oct 26th , they have sent out the agenda this week, the say all pet owners must leave the property bonderies for toilet purposes, no area on the propertry is designated as a pet soiling area . but they do have pooh bag drop off in 2 areas to collect the pooh.

Then ask for the pet rules to be discussed as an agenda item.