Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

Hi! Recently I have a pretty urgent issue. My boyfriend cheated

Recently I have a pretty urgent issue. My boyfriend cheated on me, we are both university students, and I went through his cell phone, and found out what he was doing, which he has been lying to me for a long time. However, through some way, he found out. Now he claimed that he wanted to sue me for violating his privacy. What should I do? I mean, technically, I know I shouldn't do this, however, for this whole time he cheated on me, lied, and now threaten me. I've been really depressed for the last month. Am I gonna lose for sure if I got sued.
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with the best possible answer.

To achieve that goal it may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.

But, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.
I doubt he is going to sue you.

And he cannot get an award of damages even if he were to win the lawsuit if he's not suffered any.

So I think he is angry and these are empty and quite meaningless threats and you should ignore him and them.

Let me know you need any further clarification.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So does it mean, even if he sues me for looking through his phone, he would achieve nothing back? What are the consequences to me if he wins the lawsuit? Am I going to be arrested or expelled from school, etc?
He had a record of threatening others I think, Would this help me?

Suing you is a civil matter. It has nothing to do with your being arrested or about school.

And he would achieve nothing. That is correct.

He is simply trying to scare you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Last question, as you said this is a civil matter, so what would happen to me eventually? It's not going to be like nothing happened to me right?

Nothing is going to happen to you.

If you ignore him he will stop.

He isn't going to sue you and if he does there is nothing for him to win.