Law.Hut, Lawyer
Experience:  with over 15 years experience.

(Ontario) My husband does not want to go through the legal

(Ontario) My husband does not want to go through the legal hassles of a formal separation (we are both in our 60s) Instead he is offering to buy me a house that will be in my name and will more than meet what is owed to me. If he were to get into any kind of financial trouble in the future could I or my house in any way be held accountable?

If the house is in your name, then no, any debts that he may incur would be irrelevant to you and would not effect your ownership or interest in the house in any way. A spouse has no legal liability for debts of their spouse unless they formally co-sign or guarantee the debt. Even if you remain legally married you are not responsible for his debts just by virtue of marriage and your assets are not subject to any claims by his creditors.

I hope this is helpful. If you have no further questions, please rate the answer positively, as otherwise the site does not credit me, even if you have paid a deposit. You can still ask follow up questions after rating though, if you wish.