Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

i terminted my employement and have yet to recieve final pay

i terminted my employement and have yet to recieve final pay and record of employement. the employer issued me cheques that did not clear and bounced then reissued new chqs to cover and they did not clear. finally reissued another chq that cleared. what are my options at this time?
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with the best possible answer.

To achieve that goal it may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.

But, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

If the cheque cleared then is there still money owing to you?

And are you saying you are still waiting for the ROE?

When was your last day of work?

What did Employment Standards say?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes im still waiting for my ROE. my last day worked was sept 19 2013. im still waiting for my complaint to be processed. the total hrs i worked this yr to pay recieved is more than $10,000

The Employment Standards Branch will take steps to get your ROE as well as any money owing to you.

Unless the money is owing to you from too far back there is really nothing more you have to do but wait.

If they tell you they cannot go back that far then you can sue the employer in Small Claims Court and self-represent.

If it gets that far you can always post on this site again and I can help guide you through that process but I think you should be OK just having the Employment Standards Branch do this all for you.