Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

ask the court to remove an executor

ask the court to remove an executor
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with the best possible answer.

To achieve that goal it may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.

But, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Thanks for requesting me.

If the executor is not carrying out the terms of the Will or not treating your mother as she is entitled to be treated as a beneficiary then the executor could be removed. The executor owes all beneficiaries a fiduciary duty.

So your next step should be to consult with an estate lawyer that does litigation as your next step.

The lawyer can threaten to sue the executor and this may work without even having to sue.

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:

1-800-661-1095 or
403-228-1722 in Calgary

Let me know if you need any further clarification.