Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

We have been told that we must take the truck out of the underground

We have been told that we must take the truck out of the underground parking. We are being charged 250.00 a week for not complying with the get of the underground parking.they are stating bylaws : A: nusance or hazzard: B Unreasonable noise:C" Use of common properties/ Assets.In the letter that was sent to my landlord there was nno statement of fines.
Now we have been fined (or landlord) of 250.00 A WEEK.
as I stated we MUST move our vehicle.... Too wher I am not sure.
We have parked her for 4 years and this seems to be a new law as of this year.
What do yoy think our right are?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 10 months ago.
I explained before that your landlord can pay the fine or fight them but you were told you could park there. It is part of your tenancy agreement.

And you've been doing it for 4 years.

So your landlord can seek to fight them or evict you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

So my landlord says there is nothing she can do and we have no other option but to move or be kicked out? Yes, it is part of our tenency aggreement, and that means nothing>

What you are telling me is we have no recourse to take.

Thats it, they rule?

I am saying that you don't have to move out and don't have to stop parking there and this is not your concern.

The landlord can try to evict you but there are no grounds.

You have not breached your tenancy agreement.
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience: Lawyer
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

No, we have not breached our ten./agreement BUT the landlord says she has no way to fight it.

Can they tow us out?

Can we sue them?

Have you got any suggestions other than we do not have to move the truck?

You can sue them if they remove your truck.

I think that it may be best to have a lawyer send the landlord and the Strata Council a letter indicating that you will sue them for damages if they touch the truck.

You can contact the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $25.

The number is:

604.687.3221 or 1.800.663.1919.