Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

My brother is on life support and has surgery pending. He

My brother is on life support and has surgery pending. He has my sister listed as next of kin as do I. He has a life threating spinal condition as well as a blood clot on the lung, as well as lung cancer. My sister is handling everything with the doctors and me and one of my brothers is supporting her completely.

We have one brother and his girlfriend who are constantly interfereing and causing problems, and harrassing my sister. The situation right now is extremely voletile because the doctors only want to have to deal with one family member and my one brother, myself, and the doctors only want my sister to be the single point of contact. His spinal surgery is tomorrow and if my problem brother arrives at the hospital tomorrow I may have to ask security to have them removed.

I need to protect my brother and my sister. If necessary what will it take to have a restraining order placed on them?
Thank you for your question.

Before I begin I want to explain a bit about how the site works.

It may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.Please do not worry that you will be charged additionally if I ask you questions or if you need to ask me questions. That is not at all how the site works.

As well, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Finally, as we go through the process please do not feel rushed if I ask you a question. You are always free to take your time to gather more information before you post back. As well, please understand that even after you rate me the post will not lock and you could always come back for further clarification if you think of something a bit later on down the road.

I suggest you speak to the administrator at the hospital and ask the administrator to have security ready to remove your brother if necessary.

If your brother is having surgery tomorrow you don't have time to be in Court and also be in the hospital.

So have the hospital ready to act.

Later on you can apply for a restraining order.

If you need to do that you can retain the assistance of a lawyer.

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:

455.3135 (HRM) or 1.800.665.9779

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

I hope surgery goes well. I am sorry you are in this terrible situation.