Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Are you considered to be soliciting a persons business if you

Are you considered to be soliciting a persons business if you have not contacted them directly but have advertised through regular media forms?
Thank you for your question.

Before I begin I want to explain a bit about how the site works.

It may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.Please do not worry that you will be charged additionally if I ask you questions or if you need to ask me questions. That is not at all how the site works.

As well, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Finally, as we go through the process please do not feel rushed if I ask you a question. You are always free to take your time to gather more information before you post back. As well, please understand that even after you rate me the post will not lock and you could always come back for further clarification if you think of something a bit later on down the road.

It really depends on the facts.

But in most cases that would not be considered solicitation.

But you have to be careful not to do indirectly what you cannot do directly. So, you cannot mail them the ads for example because that would be solicitation and on top of that you cannot use any confidential information such as contact information to get this ad to them.

Does that help?