How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law.Hut Your Own Question
Law.Hut, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 7846
Experience:  with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Law.Hut is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Would it make much of a difference to a claim for an equal

This answer was rated:

Would it make much of a difference to a claim for an equal rather than unequal equalization if one spouse was out of the country for a few months up to 6 months during each year of approximately 3 years of living common law then 2 years as married?

No, not likely. The court is usually not concerned with who made what contributions to the family property, except in very unusual cases. Plus just because a spouse is living away from the family home they could still be contributing to net family property by building up pension or savings.
Law.Hut and 2 other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Canada Law Questions