Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

Is the will I made in B.C. valid in Quebec? Do I have to make

Is the will I made in B.C. valid in Quebec? Do I have to make a new will?
Thank you for your question.

Before I begin I want to explain a bit about how the site works.

It may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.Please do not worry that you will be charged additionally if I ask you questions or if you need to ask me questions. That is not at all how the site works.

As well, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Finally, as we go through the process please do not feel rushed if I ask you a question. You are always free to take your time to gather more information before you post back. As well, please understand that even after you rate me the post will not lock and you could always come back for further clarification if you think of something a bit later on down the road.

It is not safe to assume the Will will be valid in Quebec.

The law in Quebec is very different than it is in the rest of the provinces.

So it would be best for you to see a lawyer in Quebec that does estate work.

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $30.

Here is a link to the contact information you will need:

Let me know if you need any further clarification.