Law.Hut, Lawyer
Experience:  with over 15 years experience.

What is a tort statement ?

What is a tort statement ? a friend of mine hurt herself when she walked into a grocery store. She wrote to the store who sent her letter to insurance. Now insurance is asking for pictures, letter from employer and a tort statement. What is a tort statement ? 

A "tort" is a legal term for a wrong that someone has suffered. So here the tort would be based on suffering a personal injury due to negligence of The grocery store. The tort statement would be a summary of how the injury occurred, and why your friend believes it is the fault of the grocery store. Basically, how was she hurt, and how did the grocery store cause that injury to occur?

I hope this is helpful. If you have no further questions, please rate the answer positively, as otherwise the site does not credit me, even if you have paid a deposit. You can still ask follow up questions after rating though, if you wish.