Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

My son just got fired from a job with a restoration co. My

My son just got fired from a job with a restoration co. My basement was flooded the other day and I called my Insurance company and they took care of everything. I had know idea that it would cost my son his job. The insurance Co just sent out who they deal with and I saw nothing wrong with it. When my son went to work the next day they fired him because the insurance co did not call there company to do the work.
My son has no authority to make decisions with my Ins Co or what I do in my house.
How is this Restoration Co able to fire him when he has no control over what happens.
Thank you for your question.

Before I begin I want to explain a bit about how the site works.

It may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.Please do not worry that you will be charged additionally if I ask you questions or if you need to ask me questions. That is not at all how the site works.

As well, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Finally, as we go through the process please do not feel rushed if I ask you a question. You are always free to take your time to gather more information before you post back. As well, please understand that even after you rate me the post will not lock and you could always come back for further clarification if you think of something a bit later on down the road.

I am sorry that this happened to your son.

How long has your son worked for the employer?

Are they giving him any pay in lieu of notice?

If so, how much did they give him?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My son has worked with then 5 weeks.

There was no mention of severance or payment in lieu.

He was just fired 30 minutes ago and he will be picking up his last pay this week.

I am sorry to hear this.

After 5 weeks he is not entitled to any notice or pay in lieu of notice even if there was no just cause for the dismissal, which there clearly was not.

In the first 3 months of employment and employee can be dismissed without just cause and without notice.

So there is nothing your son can unfortunately. I am very sorry about that.