Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

My 15 year old daughter broke windows of a old mink ranch turned

My 15 year old daughter broke windows of a old mink ranch turned into a green house and is wanted to pay for damages. I agree but the amount is 700 that the owners want when the windows could have been replaced with other windows available just like the ones broken at a much lesser cost.
The owners bought new ones not through insurance just on their own and expect my daughter to pay.
The owners allowed their child to have a party serving alcohol to miners ( I was unaware of this) and now expect large payment when an incident has happened.
What shoul I do.
Thank you for your question.

Before I begin I want to explain a bit about how the site works.

It may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.Please do not worry that you will be charged additionally if I ask you questions or if you need to ask me questions. That is not at all how the site works.

As well, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Finally, as we go through the process please do not feel rushed if I ask you a question. You are always free to take your time to gather more information before you post back. As well, please understand that even after you rate me the post will not lock and you could always come back for further clarification if you think of something a bit later on down the road.

You are not liable for the damage.

Your child is a minor and cannot be sued.

You were not negligent. They were the ones who were negligent.

So you can tell them you are not paying.

Had she been reached the age of majority she would be liable for the damages that would put the family back in the position they would have been had this not happened.

So she would have to pay for the same level of windows that had been in there before this happened.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.