Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I am an illegal CanadXXXXX XXXXXving in USA since 10 years, I have

Customer Question

I am an illegal CanadXXXXX XXXXXving in USA since
10 years, I have no picture I'd , my passport
And driver liscence has been stolen,I only have
My birth certificate. What can I do to get pictures Id?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

Before I begin I want to explain a bit about how the site works.

It may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.Please do not worry that you will be charged additionally if I ask you questions or if you need to ask me questions. That is not at all how the site works.

As well, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Finally, as we go through the process please do not feel rushed if I ask you a question. You are always free to take your time to gather more information before you post back. As well, please understand that even after you rate me the post will not lock and you could always come back for further clarification if you think of something a bit later on down the road.

You can use your birth certificate and other ID that does not have a picture on it.

If you have any government issue ID cards from Canada or the US you can use them.

If you have your Quebec health card you can use that as well.

You don't have to go back to Quebec. In most cases you will be permitted to submit a declaration from someone that knows you that can identify you.

You will have to call the consulate in the US to ask them what you can do again but going back to Quebec is simply not needed.

Here is the contact information you will need:

New York

Consulate General of CanadaAddress:1251 Avenue of the Americas, Concourse Level, New York, New York, U.S.A.,NNN-NN-NNNNelephone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNax: (NNN) NNN-NNNN1790Email:[email protected]Internet: www.newyork.gc.caServices: May provide limited passport assistance
Let me know if you need any further clarification.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I do not have pic ID at all Canadian nor us,
I want one, I am driving without a drivers liscence
This is not an ideal situation.
You don't need picture ID.

Here is a list of what you can use:

The adult's identity document must:

• be in the same name as will appear in the passport;
  • include your signature;
  • be issued by a federal, provincial/territorial/state or municipal authority; and
  • be valid.

For example:

• Provincial, territorial or state driver's licence
  • Provincial, territorial or state non-driver's licence
  • Provincial, territorial or state health care card (excluding Alberta, Manitoba and Newfoundland and Labrador)
  • Other federal, provincial, territorial, state or municipal identification card
  • Military identification
  • Certificate of Indian Status
  • Old Age Security card
  • Alien Registration Card
  • United States permanent resident card
  • Federal, provincial, territorial, state or municipal employee identification card
  • Canadian passportFootnote 2
Or, as I've said you will be permitted to provide a declaration from someone that has known you for some time.

Call the consulate in NY on Tuesday and ask what to do.

You can do it from the US.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
As now the consulate hasn't been helping me at all.
If I go back to Quebec to get some ids, will they
Issue me a passport knowing that I've been here
Since 10 years? And what are the chances that I will
Be able to come back in the us?
I don't know the law in the US.

But you can get a passport as of right. It doesn't matter where you've lived. You are a Canadian citizen.

But I am telling you that because it's your right to get a passport you do not need to go back to Canada to get one.

You will be permitted to prove your identity in other ways.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thank you

Thanks very much for the rating.

Please take the time to participate in the customer satisfaction survey as that will go into my record with the site.You will be sent an email with the survey in a couple of days.

And feel free to keep my name in case you need me again down the road. You can always put my name into the subject line the next time you post so that your question will stand out for me and I will answer it just as soon as I can.

Thanks and take good care!