How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 96992
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a contractOr that was bullied in the wOrkplace. Do I have

This answer was rated:

I'm a contractOr that was bullied in the wOrkplace. Do I have any rights?
Thank you for your question.

Before I begin I want to explain a bit about how the site works.

It may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.Please do not worry that you will be charged additionally if I ask you questions or if you need to ask me questions. That is not at all how the site works.

As well, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Finally, as we go through the process please do not feel rushed if I ask you a question. You are always free to take your time to gather more information before you post back. As well, please understand that even after you rate me the post will not lock and you could always come back for further clarification if you think of something a bit later on down the road.

Are you saying you are not an employee but an independent contractor?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I was an independent contractor as a full time resource.

Unfortunately you don't have the protections that an employee has.

An employee can quit claiming constructive dismissal (which is where an employee is essentially driven to quit) and sue for wrongful dismissal.

But if you are actually not an employee then you cannot use this type of claim.

Your only recourse is to stop working in this environment unfortunately.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.
Legal Ease and 3 other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Canada Law Questions