Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

rogers cable put my account into collections even though it

Customer Question

rogers cable put my account into collections even though it was there internal problem I battled to get this resolved for months even though I have had an apology from the presidents office this does not help with the stress they have put me through because of their neglect
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.

Before I begin I want to explain a bit about how the site works.

It may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.Please do not worry that you will be charged additionally if I ask you questions or if you need to ask me questions. That is not at all how the site works.

As well, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Finally, as we go through the process please do not feel rushed if I ask you a question. You are always free to take your time to gather more information before you post back. As well, please understand that even after you rate me the post will not lock and you could always come back for further clarification if you think of something a bit later on down the road.

If they repaired your credit rating and also agreed that you don't owe any money what are you damages now aside from this aggravation they caused you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

they registered an unlawful claim to the credit bureau affecting my credit even though only for a short time they were sloppy and very uncooperating can they get away with this

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
They can get away with it unless you sue then and prove damages.

So if your credit record has not been repaired you can sue them for damages.

Or if during the time before they removed the report you suffered damages as you could not get a bank loan for example then you can sue successfully.

But, if there are no damages to prove then a Court will not award you damages at all.

Do you see what I mean?
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience: Lawyer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so I guess I should have waited and did nothing just let it sit in the credit bureau until the bank or someone says we cant give u credit it that how it works

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
But you would never be put ahead.

You would only be placed in the position you would have been in had this not happened so you would not win that way either.